JAKARTA, Indonesia : Singapore's Hady Mirza has been crowned the region's first singing champion at the inaugural Asian Idol competition in Jakarta on Sunday. Voting via text messaging began when it was televised simultaneously to all six participating countries, with an unprecedented millions of viewers.
Hady defeated five other Idol winners from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
That's suprised me, since I keep watching the Asian Idol show last Saturday from start to end, and well I think he's so ordinary compare to the other five, he's just average. I thought that It must be Mau Marcello (Philipiners) or Mike Mohede (Indonesia) who's gonna be the First Asian Idol since they're both sing better than the other four, well Jaclyn Victor is good enough to be considered.
- Even Singapore is a small country with population only 1.45 millions, most of them have a cell phone so most of the society can send an sms to vote to Asian Idol
- Each Singaporean must send sms to vote Asian Idol more than once (hundreds might be ^_^ he..he)
- Even India and Indonesia has the largest population, it doesn't guarantee their Idol could win, since many of the population still struggle for food and living, own a cell phone or watching such a TV show never cross their mind. Sad but true huh...
- Idol Competition using Voting sms tool, can not provide the best result if follows by countries with large different number of GDP. Yes it did success in American Idol, Australian Idol or other developed country. But here...well not veryone own a cell phone.
So next time we held such a competition like Asian Idol, make sure the rule is fair.
what I'm compalining about anyway...my poor country?? Just a thought
2 comments:
hihihi..bisa..bisa...
I completely agree!!! well, money can buy anything, including fame. hehe...
Post a Comment